When you use Milli, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read
This notice applies to users of Milli’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Milli’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Milli and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world. This notice specifically applies to:
* Delivery recipients: individuals who request or receive food, or other products and services
* Delivery partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Milli to provide, delivery or other services
This notice also governs Milli’s other collections of personal data in connection with Milli’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals of owners or employees of Milli restaurant partners, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
B. Data controller and transfer
Milli PTY LTD. are the data controllers for the personal data collected in connection with use of Milli’s services.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Milli’s data practices can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. The data we collect
* Data provided by users to Milli, such as during account creation
* Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
* Data from other sources, such as Milli partners and third parties that use Milli APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Milli:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
* User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Milli accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
* Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
* User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Milli customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or restaurant partners, or otherwise contact Milli. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
* Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so delivery recipients, may use the Milli apps without enabling Milli to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the Milli apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address.
* Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
* Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
* Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
* Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Milli through Milli’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable restaurants and delivery recipients, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Milli receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Milli may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
* User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
* Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
* Milli account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts.
* Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
* Milli business partners through which users create or access their MIlli account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use MIlli’s APIs or whose APIs Milli uses.
* Publicly available sources.
* Marketing service providers.
Milli may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Milli collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient products and services. We also use the data we collect:
* To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
* For customer support
* For research and development
* To enable communications between users
* To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
* In connection with legal proceedings
Milli does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
2. Customer support. Milli uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
* Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
* Investigate and address user concerns
* Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
3. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products.
4. Enabling communications between users. For example, a restaurant may contact a delivery recipient with information about their order.
5. Marketing. Milli may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Milli services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Milli partners. For example, if a user has placed an Milli order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar food offered by other Milli partners. Although we may send users communications about Milli’s partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Milli’s services, and user preferences and settings.
7. Non-marketing communications. Milli may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Milli or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Milli’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
* Authenticating users
* Remembering user preferences and settings
* Determining the popularity of content
* Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
* Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Milli’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Milli may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
* Delivery recipients’ first name, delivery address, and order information with their restaurant. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the restaurant partner.
* For those who participate in Milli’s referral program, we share certain personal data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
* Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
* Milli business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Milli may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or restaurant partners or other Milli business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Milli blogs and Milli social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With Milli service providers and business partners
Milli provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
* Payment processors and facilitators
* Background check and identity verification providers (drivers and delivery partners only)
* Cloud storage providers
* Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
* Data analytics providers
* Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Milli or on Milli’s behalf
* Vendors that assist Milli to enhance the safety and security of its apps
* Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
* Restaurant partners and/or their point of sale providers
5. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Milli may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Milli’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
Milli may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Milli retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Milli account.
Milli may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Milli retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Milli account. For drivers and delivery partners, Milli also retains vehicle and background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their Milli account.
Riders and delivery recipients may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting email@example.com Following such requests, Milli deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, Milli retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, Milli may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Milli will delete the account as described above.
Milli may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, Milli may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Milli account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Milli’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
* User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
* Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Milli’s services, including to determine incentives
* Transaction information
* Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of Milli or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Milli’s apps.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing Milli’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
c. To fulfill Milli’s legal obligations
Milli may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
d. With consent
Milli may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
Milli enables users to access and control the data that Milli collects, including through:
* In-app settings
* Device permissions
* In-app ratings pages
* Marketing opt-outs
Milli also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Milli restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Notifications: account updates
Milli provides users with order status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Milli app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications in the Milli app.
* Notifications: discounts and news
Users may enable Milli to send push notifications about discounts and news from Milli. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled in the Milli app.
* Communications from restaurant partners
Delivery recipients who have opted in to communications from restaurant partners may stop sharing their data with each restaurant partner in their Milli account settings.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Milli app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Milli app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
C. Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Milli. Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Milli by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for purchases or information about their account.
D. User data requests
Milli provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Milli handling of their data. To make a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
* Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Milli collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
* Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Milli’s apps. They may also ask that Milli change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
* Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by emailing email@example.com
* Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Milli may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Milli’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country.
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Milli apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.
Last updated: April 2020